DirectDrop Voicemail Consultation
- Thinking about contact strategy for a new normal.
- Making a smoother transition to a work-from-home culture.
- Techniques for driving the maximum number of inbound calls from voicemail campaigns.
In an industry like collections that has ever-changing rules and regulations, it’s vital that we take every precaution and step necessary to stay compliant. One of the easiest and most effective ways to stay on top of this is by frequently scrubbing your collections contact list.
Follow these tips for properly scrubbing your contact list:
1. Read your state/federal guidelines closely: Every state must adhere to a specific set of rules and regulations. The first step in properly scrubbing your lists is to know what criteria you need to follow.**
2. Remove any numbers that are outdated or no longer require being contacted: The end goal for collection calls is to get consumers to pay on their debts. Be sure that you’re removing contacts who have already converted, or are inactive.
3. Scrub based on your particular requirements: Oftentimes, it’s best to have separated lists that adhere to rules specified by your business and how it operates. These could be things like geography, type of debt, etc.
**Note that you should always follow TCPA guidelines as closely as possible.
At VoApps, we’ve created our DirectDrop Voicemail technology with a mobile scrubbing mechanism built in so that businesses like yours can quickly and effectively find mobile numbers in your data to stay as compliant as possible.
We’d love to get you started with a free demo! Just reach out to us here to see how DirectDrop Voicemail can manage your collections contact list.